Saturday, January 05, 2013

Roughs For Fun01

One of the things I wanted to start doing for myself recently was just to doodle and crank out rough animation for the pure fun of it. I don't want to get bogged down making it super clean. I just want to make some stuff move, use it more as an exercise to get my hand going, and to help me try new things that I normally wouldn't be able to do on my daily jobs.

It's the new year, so why not do it now? When I was a teenager, I tried to come up with a million different ways to produce animation in my home. Hitting pause on a VHS camcorder doesn't give you very good results. Back then, I would've killed to have the type of technology that is so common place today. Here I have a computer and a Cintiq at my disposal, and I don't get the chance to sit down to animate something for myself just for the sheer fun of it. I'm going to try to change that. This is my first of hopefully many more to come.

I wanted to get this done in an hour and I succeeded in doing so. I wanted to do a floppy kind of walk. Something a little goofy and loose. So this is what I came up with. This was done in Toon Boom Animate.


No comments: